JSP: JavaServer Pages are no longer supported. You need to migrate to Facelets as VDL. You may do that before migrating to Tobago 3.0.
CSS: box-sizing: changed from content-box to border-box
tc:time -> tc:date You need to set the <f:convertDateTime type="time"> inside the <tc:date>.
ActionListenerImpl: Class is no longer present, you should use a JSF 2 exception handler instead.
Replace all <tc:cell> with <tc:panel>
If you have own renderer classes: The API of
<tx:in label="a" fieldId="b" id="c" />
will be transformed to this
<tc:in label="a" id="b or c" /> (if b is set use b otherwise use c)
There is a little conflict between the "label" attribute used in the JSF spec. and the Tobago tx: label: Tobago means it should be displayed, and JSF spec. means that this should be used to display messages. In most cases there is no issue for that. But for the case that the application need a message label, but should not be displayed we need a new attribute:
(preliminary) "labelPosition" or "labelLayout" with value "none" With this attribute we may advise the renderer also the position of the label. Or, using an attribute "renderLable"...
- simplify (flowLayout, flexLayout, segmentLayout):
<tc:flowLayout> ... content ... </tc:flowLayout>
<tc:panel> <f:facet name="layout"> <tc:flowLayout/> </f:facet> ... content ... </tc:panel>
- You no long need to define a TobagoMultipartFormdataFilter in the web.xml
- There is no longer a tobago-fileupload.jar
- Remove the dependency to commons-fileupload.jar in your web app, if there is any.
- If using JSF 2.0 or 2.1 you will need to add a tag \multipart-config> Tag to the FacesServlet config in the web.xml.
- The type of value of the <tc:file> has been changed from org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileItem to javax.servlet.http.Part.
- For an example consult the demo.
Some static utils classes are migrated to Java enums.
- If using org.apache.myfaces.tobago.component.Attributes you may use the enum value instead of the String contant.
Because of the changed layout model (no longer on the server, but with browser CSS) there a some classes, methods and parameters removed.
- class Box
- class Dimension
- class Position
- <tc:gridLayoutConstraint> -> <tc:style>
- <tc:toolBar> -> <tc:buttons>
<f:facet name="load"> contain an instance of UICommand (tc:command).
If you need a Tobago component to set e. g. some style in a renderer as a replacement, use a simple <tc:panel>.
Tango icon lib is no longer part of Tobago. Replaced by Font Awesome. If you need it, please include it in the application.
Tobago uses the jQuery UI library. The library is customizable to limit the amount of JS and CSS content. You will find the used modules in the header of each jQuery UI file.
- E. g. Tobago 2.0.10 contains jQuery UI 1.10.4 with these contents:
- Tobago 3.0.0 contains jQuery UI 1.12.1 with this component:
If you are using jQuery UI directly, you may add the required resources via the tobago-config.xml and exclude the jQuery UI resource that comes with Tobago.