Tobago 2.0 has some API changes compared to Tobago 1.5.
The most changes are in the tree API, which is more easy to use, but also more flexible.
The following JAR files are no longer needed. They have to be removed from the project (depends on your build system).
To add sites to the CSP headers, add <directive> tags to <content-security-policy> in the tobago-config.xml.
To turn off CSP, add an empty <content-security-policy mode="off"> tag in the configuration. For development, you may also use mode="report-only", which sets the appropriate header.
The class org.apache.myfaces.tobago.model.TreeState which has been deprecated in 1.5.x is used in 2.0.x with a changed API. Please check the occurrences.
Class org.apache.myfaces.tobago.component.UIFileInput has been renamed to org.apache.myfaces.tobago.component.UIFile.
Tobago 2.0.x is using Facelets 2.0. When still using Facelets 1.1 in the current application, this must be removed:
- Remove facelets JAR (e.g. jsf-facelets-1.1.14.jar) from the library.
- Remove <view-handler>org.apache.myfaces.tobago.internal.application.ViewHandlerImpl</view-handler> from the faces-config.xml file.
- Remove the parameter javax.faces.DISABLE_FACELET_JSF_VIEWHANDLER from the web.xml file.
- Remove or replace the facelets.* entries from the web.xml file.
- Rename all JSTL deklarations from xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" to xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" in the Facelets.
- Ensure the version of the faces-config tag in the faces-config.xml is at least 2.0.
There are also @Deprecated annotations in the code and some logging warning when using deprecated code via the Deprecation logging category. Before and after migrating you should check your application about that.
The package org.apache.myfaces.tobago.internal contains classes that should not be used directly in an application. This classes may change in minor revisions without announcement. Classes in the package org.apache.myfaces.tobago.renderkit are handled in the same manner.
The main changes in the tag library are
TODO: What has changed with the tree? The Tree now extends a UIData. The tc:treeData tag should longer used. The tc:treeNode has no longer the attributes: "selected", "expanded", "marked", "treeMarkedListener", "treeExpansionListener"
Deprecated facets "resizeAction" and "menupopup" was removed.
To define an own theme, please use now a file tobago-config.xml instead of tobago-theme.xml. The content of tobago-theme.xml is a subset of the tobago-config.xml, you have only to change the root node.
Please use the tobago-config-2.0.xsd to validate the configuration.
The class tobago-sheet-outer is renamed to tobago-sheet. The class tobago-sheet-headerSpacerOuter is renamed to tobago-sheet-headerResize. The class tobago-sheet-headerSpacer is no longer needed. The class tobago-sheet-headerSpacer-markup-resizable is no longer needed.